The function of Fleet Maintenance Management is to ensure that all gFleeT vehicles are serviced and repaired in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
The main types of maintenance performed on vehicles are:
- Scheduled Maintenance (preventative maintenance) and
- Unscheduled Maintenance (repair after failure).
Fleet Maintenance Management is divided into three sub units namely:-
- The Mechanical Services; which is responsible for scheduled services and mechanical repairs.
- Panel beating; responsible for repairs on accident damaged vehicles
Kindly take note of the Maintenance and Repairs Processes to get as much assistance as possible:
Departments should ensure that all vehicles undergo the scheduled maintenance as prescribed by the manufacturers.
This will ensure improved reliability and durability of the fleet vehicles.
The following should be adhered to when taking a vehicle in for maintenance:
- The Transport Manager / Officer should call gFleeT (011 372 8602/ 8611/ 8701/ 8786) with the registration number of vehicle,
contact number, the identified problem on the vehicle, vehicle location and kilometer reading;
- A reference number will be given to the client and a registered merchant will be identified for the client to take the vehicle to;
- The client will thereafter take the vehicle directly to the approved merchant so the merchant will quote on identified damages;
- The quotation is sent to Absa Bank (for verification or independent inspection);
- Repairs are carried out, once approval has been given by gFleeT.
FOLLOW UP CONTACT DETAILS:
g-FleeT: 011 372 8602/ 8611/ 8701/ 8786/ 8600 /8646
ABSA BANK: 0860 33 8880
Towing and Auctions is the third sub unit and is responsible for
recovery of broken down and accident damaged
vehicles as well as the disposal of obsolete & redundant vehicles.
Should an official driving a government vehicle experience any of the following problems, gFleeT can offer 24/7 hour assistance:
- Be involved in an accident
- Get a Flat Battery/ when the vehicle is a non-start
- Keys locked in vehicle
- Mechanical breakdown
Call g-FleeT 011 372 8602/ 8611/ 8701/ 8786 or ABSA Bank 0860 33 8880.
Please have the vehicle registration number and driver’s details ready..
In the event where the official is not in a position to comply with the above, the Transport Manager/Officer must report to
gFleeT about the incident and the whereabouts of the vehicle within 24 hours. Failure to do so will result in the Department
liable for storage costs and any costs that may be incurred as a result.
AN OFFICIAL MUST ENSURE THAT THE GOVERNMENT VEHICLE IS TOWED BY AN ABSA BANK APPROVED TOWING COMPANY, AND THAT THE VEHICLE IS TOWED TO GFLEET PREMISES OR NEAREST GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.